Become a Member (Click Here for a printable version of this information)
Thank you for your interest in joining the Senior-Junior Forum of Wichita Falls! The sole purpose of the Senior-Junior Forum is to benefit the community. Each year, the Senior-Junior Forum trains a group of first-year members (Novices) to be effective volunteers and leaders.
Novices complete a series of training sessions that allow them to learn about the structure of our organization and programs, as well as experience some of our community volunteer opportunities first-hand. The training sessions include attending one or more informational sessions to learn about our community service organizations as well as attending an Executive Board meeting, committee meetings, and general membership meetings each month.
General membership meetings are held the first Tuesday of each month from September through May. All meetings are held in the evening. Dress at all general meetings is business casual attire excluding jeans, shorts, and sports attire.
Membership Orientation Meeting
Another great way to learn more about membership in the Senior-Junior Forum is to attend our annual Membership Orientation Meeting held each spring. Representatives of the Admissions/Novice Committee as well as the Executive Board will be on hand to answer all your questions and guide you through the process to join. Interested women are invited to learn about the process to join and what is involved in being a member of the Senior-Junior Forum. RSVP’s are required.
The Senior-Junior Forum uses the following requirements for each incoming novice:
- Shall attend an orientation/Membership Orientation Meeting.
- Each Senior-Junior Forum member, excluding Service members, is required to have twenty-one (21) volunteer hours each year.
- Novices are required to attend mandatory training for which they will receive six (6) hours.
- The remaining fifteen (15) hours will come from a community service project approved by the Executive Board.
- Shall attend monthly General Meetings. For each missed General Meeting, one extra service hour is required.
- Shall support all Ways and Means projects through active participation.
- Shall serve on at least one committee.
- Shall enjoy all privileges of membership of the Senior-Junior Forum and the Woman’s Forum.
- Annual dues are $120 for each member. At least half of the dues are payable by the May Installation banquet. The remaining half is due at the October General Meeting.
Joining is Easy
Just follow the steps outlined below.
- Proposals for membership must be made in writing by two Senior-Junior Forum members: membership is by invitation only.
- Download Admissions/Novice Application Form. Click here to download form.
- Complete the form.
- Please have Proposers complete their part of the Application Form. Proposers must be current members of the Senior-Junior Forum. Your Proposer will submit your Application Form to the appropriate person.
- The deadline for submitting applications is traditionally the March General Meeting held on the first Tuesday in March.
- Don’t have a proposer? Don’t let that stop you. Contact the current President for assistance.
If you have questions, you may contact the current President at email@example.com or 940-447-3198.